Saturday, February 14, 2009

Beautiful sights on my commute to town, Covered bridges, Oak trees, blue skies, snow dusted mountain tops, moss covered granite boulders

I am very lucky to have such a beautiful commute. Here are a few pictures I took the other day on my way to town to pick the kiddos up at school.


I have a little bit of a commute to town. I thought I might share some pictures of what I see everyday on my commute to town. At times I wish that I did not live so far out of town. Then I think if I lived in town, I would miss out on these beautiful sights that I take in every day on my way up and down the hill to town. As I drive these mountain roads I listen to NPR, national public radio. NPR is the perfect pairing for my scenic drive.

The Covered Bridge off highway 168

I have always thought it would be cool to have this as the entrance to my drive way. I wonder how many other covered bridges are in Fresno County?


Beautiful blue sky through a majestic Pine tree.

Huge granite out croppings make the landscape around here very interesting.


Green Pasture with several different Oak tree species.

This Oak tree is just one of many I pass on my drive to town. I think Oak trees are wonderfully interesting with their curved and twisted branches.


Below you can see the moss covered Granite boulders amidst the dormant poison oak. YIKES! I will stay out of there!

I can almost imagine little forest fairies living in here.

I hope you enjoyed my little photo adventure today. I will be adding more later, so check back!

No comments: