Sunday, February 1, 2009

Blackberry Mickey Mouse Waffles: Breakfast for the Mistletoe Ranch Kids



Well, it is the weekend again, and that means spending time with family at a nice relaxing breakfast. This past Saturday we enjoyed "Blackberry Mickey Mouse Waffles" with a fair amount of whipped cream, it is the weekend after all!


I have learned from experience that a four year old will need the dietary guidance of an adult when powdered sugar and whipped cream are involved. In this instance, the resident "Dad" at the Mistletoe Ranch does not qualify as an adult. He must also have assistance when preparing a waffle, to prevent the over use of whipped cream! See example below!

This is how our waffles looked, smiling up at us from the plate just before they were covered in yummy whipped cream, blackberries, fresh homemade blackberry syrup, and powdered sugar.

First we began with a little whipped cream....

okay, maybe just a little more whipped cream...

Maybe a tiny bit more whipped cream so the berries will stay put....

Ooooh, don't these Blackberries look delicious. I purchase these at Trader Joe's, they always have the best fresh fruit.
You have to have someone sample the berries, to make sure they are ripe... Oh, here is a lucky volunteer!
This little volunteer taster, needs to go have her hair put up in a ponytail, and I think she will need a bib too!

That is much better! It makes the clean up easier after breakfast. We won't have to use the power washer!


Yummy!

Sunday Morning!!!
Sunday morning we had scones.
I baked a fresh batch of "Orange infused Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Scones" This recipe was inspired by my love of dark chocolate. This is definitely a weekend recipe, since I could not feed my kiddos chocolate then send them to school.
This delicious adventure began with an oatmeal scone recipe....I like to think that a recipe is just a guide line. I like to change things up in recipes a bit, to suit my tastes. This recipe made 16 scones......
And then there were none!

I still need to work a bit on this recipe before I release it here. I want you to have the best possible result if you decide to give any of my recipes a try in your kitchen.
Finally, I am working on several sewing projects that I hope to feature here in the near future....hmmmm, maybe midweek......




No comments: